Saturday, November 28, 2009

FIVE TO SQUAT TO


I'd rather bee a poop idyll
then papa be idle
than be a pop idol

*

pressure cooks itself (off)
corn meals itself       (off)
peas itself                (off).

*

manure
          gardener's shadow
puppet

*

if so many people were coming
to my funeral I'd be suspicious

*

make your own crooked verse
with a legendary casket up your ass

*

About an hour later, back in Azure Blues, I read this poem:


Idle Idol Idyl

a good movie will kick you out for months
weeks life

won't wait
too late

a landscape
to boot

the weeds
are agreed

just another year
out here

once & for all
the world

rather an acrobat
than an actor be


*

Quite jarred by the echoes, I was quite moved by this jarring, a kind of in-can-descence.


ROB READ

No comments:

Post a Comment